On a recent vacation to the Florida Keys, with a large group of friends and family, we decided that we should do a “drink of the day” every day. My friend Christie is an amateur bartender that could be a pro, so we tasked her with coming up with our menu of creative concoctions, and she outdid herself with this little gem.
Our first day in the Keys was kicked-off with a fun, fruity Fish Bowl drink…but before you think “What’s the big deal about that? Fish bowls have been around forever.” These were special individually sized and prepared fishbowls that we each had and they were nothing short of yummy! They were so adorable, we all cracked-up laughing as we drank them down.
3 oz. Vodka (plain or citrus flavored)
3 oz. Coconut Rum
2 oz. Peach Schnapps
2 oz. Blue Powerade (gotta hydrate, right?)
1 oz. 7-up
Swedish Fish Candy
Mini-fish bowls (order pack of 12 on Amazon)
Straws cut in half
Making the Drinks:
- In an ice filled shaker, combine all liquors & Powerade and shake well to mix.
- Pour Nerds into base of mini fish bowls and Swedish Fish candy.
- Pour mix into mini fish bowls, top with 7-up and add ice as needed.
- Garnish with a half-cut fancy straw if you like.
- Finally, be sure to drink responsibly…not like a fish!
- If your fish bowl gets a bit cloudy, not to worry, it’s just the mix of colors from the Nerds; it still tastes amazing!!!
Tell us what you’re drinking in the comments below.