These days people spend so much money on body scrubs, exfoliants, skin care, and the like. I wonder if people knew how simple it is to make many of those things and how much better they are for you, if they’d change their way of thinking.
Making your own sugar scrub for a quick facial is better for your skin than all the harsh chemicals in most facial cleansers and I’m betting it’s cheaper too!
Here are a few ideas for you to try:
Of course, you gotta have Oil!
Important to remember… use 1 Part Oil, 2 parts sugar
Throw in some extras; but only if you want to.
- Coffee grounds – Add a couple tablespoons to your body scrub for extra exfoliating awesomeness. I have read over and over how great it is for your skin
- Essential Oils – If you want your scrub to smell divine, put a few drops of essential oil in your mixture
- Honey – To make your scrub even more moisturizing add a few drops of honey
- Mint – Muddle it up or put in the blender first
- Lemon Zest – Lemons are natural astringents and toners
- Tea Leaves – After you have had your tea, bust open the bag and use the tea leaves as part of your scrub, it’s a natural skin brightener