Looking for a fresh twist on that summer staple, margaritas? How about a yummy strawberry watermelon margarita for a change? Here’s an amazing recipe for a low calorie approach to this cocktail that I made using my Nutri Ninja.
Note: this recipe makes a pitcher of margaritas, well…because who can ever have just one. Make it and share it with your friends. It’s perfect for any party!
- Puree 2 cups of diced seedless watermelon
- Puree 2 cups sliced strawberries (strain those pesky little seeds)
- 1 cup your favorite white Tequila
- 1 cup Key Lime wine (for a more traditional approach, you can use Triple Sec or Grand Marnier)
- 1 cup lime juice ( I used key limes and regular limes for a nice kick of sour flavor, but you can use regular limes, pre-squeezed lime juice, or even a can of frozen lime-aid and adjust to taste)
- 1 cup sparkling water (experiment with flavors here – strawberry or lime would be great)
- Strawberries and sliced watermelon to garnish
Mix it all up in a blender with ice for a frozen version or just stir into a pitcher (with lots of ice,) chill and serve with a slice of – what else – watermelon and strawberry and ENJOY!