It’s Thirsty Thursday! Time for a real treat: Caramel Cinnamon Apple Sangria! Here in Florida, we don’t really get “Fall” as much as others do, but we still like to partake in the Fall rituals like apple cider, pumpkin treats, Fall festivals and the like. However, our weather doesn’t exactly lend itself to getting into the Fall spirit.
Since it’s still a blistering 95-degrees outside, hot drinks are off the menu. Instead, we like to treat ourselves with a cooler version of a grown-up apple cider drink – Caramel Cinnamon Apple Sangria!
Here’s how to make a pitcher of this simple, delicious fall concoction:
- 1 750ml bottle Martinelli’s Sparkling Apple Cider (chilled)
- 2 cups Smirnoff Kissed Caramel Vodka
- 1 750ml bottle semi-sweet, dry white wine (Riesling, Chardonnay or Moscato all work well)
- 1 cup Fireball cinnamon whisky
- 1 red apple diced
- 1 red apple sliced
- 1 green apple diced
- a few dashes of Cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 cup melted Kraft caramels or 1 bottle Hershey’s caramel syrup (optional)
- Place the diced apples in the bottom of a large pitcher. Pour in the cider, wine, vodka and Fireball then stir well to get everything mixed.
- If you can make a day in advance and refrigerate overnight, it’s better, but if you’re making it on the fly, just add plenty of ice and chill.
- If you want to have a caramel rim on your glasses, spread your melty caramel out on a small plate, dust with cinnamon powder and swirl the glass rim in the caramel sauce or, if you’re using a caramel sauce in the squeeze jar (like the one used for ice cream), just squeeze it so that it drizzles down the inside of the glass..
- Add ice, pour your sangria and garnish with a fresh red apple slice.